The Veterans of Foreign Wars riding group is a motorcycle group made up of VFW and VFW Auxiliary members in good standing. We are a group within the VFW that enjoys the pastime of motorcycles, and we are officially a part of the VFW.
We are a family-oriented group. We are pro military. Distinction of class, nationality, or gender will not be recognized nor tolerated by our organization. Our members act in good faith with other members and uphold the traditions of the Veterans of Foreign Wars.
Our members come from all walks of life and have served honorably in the Armed Forces of the United States in times of conflicts or their family members. We ride all types of motorcycles, both foreign and/or domestic.
Charles "Romeo" Marlowe
Vice President (Elected):
Open Appointed Positions:
Sergeant at Arms (SAA)
Email the Officers:
- VFW Rider Eligibility vs. Supporter -
To be a VFW Rider, you or your spouse must be a VFW or VFW Auxiliary Member in good standing at a post within Virginia and must have the correct endorsement for the bike you ride. Your license must either have a M, M2 or M3. Exceptions are made for active-duty service members and their spouses that are permanently stationed in the state of Virginia. In this case, you may retain your home post affiliation and still become a member of VFW Riders 1503.
Supporters are other VFW Comrades or Auxiliary in good standing who join in support of our missions, but they cannot hold an elected position.
- Trikes and other three wheeled vehicles are encouraged to join. There are numerous members on 3 wheels around the country.
- We are a volunteer organization. Members and supporters don't have to attend all the meetings or events. We would like members to attend as many as possible, but only the officers have guidelines on how many meetings they can miss.
- There are VFW Rider Groups across the state and even a Virginia State Chapter. You can be a State Chapter Member while also being a Post Chapter Member. Contact us for more information.
- VFW Riding Groups do not split into two groups (Comrades and Auxiliary) as other VFW factions do.
Northern Virginia / DC / MD Motorcycle Rider Events
VFW 1503 Riders Facebook Page
VFW Riders - Virginia